STEP ONE: Method Described (Multistructural)
- 180-190g of strained soil is weighed and added to a biodegradable punnet.
- Three 2cm deep wells are made in the soil (evenly spaced out).
- One sugar snap pea seed is put into each well. The wells are covered with soil.
- 20mL of tap water is measured in a measuring cylinder then added evenly to the top of the soil.
- The class's punnets are put in trays and placed in the window of the resource room.
- 20mL of tap water will be added every Monday and every Friday.
- The height of the plants will be recorded on Monday every week for 6 weeks.
We have yet to decide how to investigate the effect of the plant nutrient additives we have purchased - this is tomorrow's job!
STEP TWO: Variables Analysed (Relational)
Mr Nicoll identified some key variables that were controlled by using this method. We then discussed why it was important to control these variables:
Completing this HOTMap is our homework tonight.