What can cause them in the laboratory:
- Fiddling with pins or scissors
- Dropping some glass (eg: a beaker)
To prevent this from happening:
- Wear protective gear when holding something massively sharp.
- Don't fiddle with scissors, pins, knifes if you are using them.
What to do if this does happen:
- If its a sharp big piece of glass hold down onto it because if you take it out it will bleed a lot more but remember to warn the teacher.
- If it is a small cut maybe ask the teacher of you can get a band-aid.
What to use if this does happen:
- ambulance (if you really need to.)
- little cut will heal it self with oxygen.
Thank you to Brittany F for emailing this through.